ButterCream Frosting is what I use for almost any cake I bake. Why? It’s tried and true and a tradition since my first born’s first birthday. Christmas Cookie Day just wouldn’t be the same without buttercream. So, KETO ON – with sugar free BUTTERCREAM.
- 1 cup butter (SOFTENED BY ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 5 drops (1 teas) Sweetleaf Vanilla Stevia
- 2 teaspoons sugar free Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk (or canned coconut milk) adjusted for consistency
OPTIONAL: If you’d like chocolate buttercream, add 2/3 cup of cocoa powder with the powdered sweetener.
I love my Kitchen aid Mixer. It does anything I want to do. Anyway, Get your mixer out.
- Room temperature butter goes into the mixer bowl
- Start your mixer going, and cream the butter
- Add confectioners sweetener
- Now it should start getting thick.
- Slowly drizzle a few tablespoons of milk in. Let it blend and see how thick your mixture is.
- Add the vanilla and the liquid stevia
- More than likely you’ll need all of the milk, and if the humidity is just right you could need another couple of teaspoons, but be careful and go slow as to not thin it down too much. (unless you want a glaze)
- After all mixed up, refrigerate for about 10 – 20 minutes and then put in your pastry bag and do your thing OR eat it any way you choose.
It will behave just like regular frosting once on your pastry.
This recipe has less than 1g of carbohydrate per serving, however, there is about 10g of Sugar Alcohol (Erythritol/Swerve) per serving.