When ever we have a family gathering, I always look forward to deviled eggs. Now that I am eating Keto, eggs are an even bigger part of my week. Deviled eggs make me feel special. It’s like a party. They compliment your barbecue, a hot and juicy steak, or just pop them in your mouth for a good protein snack.
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 tbls Primal Kitchen Avocado mayo
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 oz of sour cream
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and broke up in small pieces.
- Fill a pan with hot water and mix 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in the water.
- Carefully place your dozen eggs down into it.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Boil the eggs for 5 minutes and turn heat off.
- Allow eggs to sit in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place in a ice water bath.
- Change your water two or three times until eggs are easily handled.
- Put aside 2 of the hard boiled eggs.
- With the remaining eggs, divide in half and remove the yolks into a bowl.
- Place your egg white halves on a plate.
- With a fork, smash yolks and avocados together. Combine with the garlic, mayo, and sour cream. The size of your yolks will vary a bit and therefore be aware of your quantities of mayo and sour cream. You want the texture to be creamy, but a bit thick. If it’s too thick, add more sour cream.
- Fold the bacon bits into the mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon a tablespoon sized portion into each egg white half.
Preparing the visual
- Crush the remaining two eggs, the whites and yolks separately.
- Sprinkle the whites first, over the filled eggs, and then top with a bit of yellow yolk for the “pretty” finale.
- Sprinkle paprika on top for color.
- Eat and enjoy