These Keto crackers are perfect for transporting my tuna salad, my brie cheese, my guacamole and so many other things. These are quick and easy and give me the crunch we all love. Try them tonight.
- 2 cups of cheese of your choice, (I like to mix BelGioioso’s salad blended with some cheddar and Pepper Jack)
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 oz Cream Cheese (I like Philadelphia Brand)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt finely ground
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of a mixture of your favorite seasonings (I like basil and chives and garlic) Other possibilities are dill, chili, smoked paprika, oregano or rosemary)
- Mix all the cheeses together in a microwavable bowl.
- Add Cream cheese to the bowl and microwave about 30 seconds.
- Mix together the soft cheeses
- Add almond flour and microwave again for 45 more seconds
- Take out and with a spatula mix ingredients together well. If the cheese has melted sufficiently, you can stir this all together until fully combined. If you need more heat to melt the cheese, add 20 seconds at a time.
- Set bowl aside and allow to cool just a bit. If mixture is too hot, it will begin to cook the egg in the next step, if the mixture is too cold, you won’t be able to mix the cheese and spices in the next step… You want it warm but not hot.
- Add egg, sea salt and seasoning to the mixture and continue mixing until well combined. (microwave it 20 seconds if it gets too cool to mix)
- After mixing together you should have a ball of dough. Dump this out on parchment paper (the size of your baking sheet).
- Now place another piece of parchment on top of the dough and gently begin pressing the dough out. Using a rolling pin, finish rolling the dough out into a thin layer. It will spread easily and should be pretty soft.
- After getting the dough spread thin into the shape you need to bake, lift the top parchment paper and cut the dough into slices for crackers. A pizza cutter or knife with sharp blade will work nicely. Be sure and cut deeply enough to get both sides to easily break them apart later.
- Take a fork, and punch holes in the dough. This will keep it from bubbling up in the oven.
- Now replace the top parchment for cooking.
- Bake the crackers for about 5-9 minutes on each side depending on how thin you rolled the crackers. Using the parchment paper to flip the crackers makes it much easier. Watch these closely. Cooking a bit longer will crisp them up, but they can burn quick, so watch closely.
- If you didn’t cut clear through to the other side of the cracker, you may have to recut the slices on the back side.
- Allow them to cool before breaking apart and storing (or eating!)