Sweet, crumbly, light, delicious and KETO friendly. Crust for a quiche, or cheesecake or any time you need a quick delicious crust, this shortbread is my go to. Quick and easy and buttery delicious.
This covers an 8x8 baking dish. Double it for a big cheesecake.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil – melted (when choosing your coconut oil, if using refined, ensure the brand you choose did not use chemicals in the refining process) (also, in a pinch, butter would work here)
- 1 tbsp Keto friendly sweetener (Erythritol, Swerve or Lakanto Monkfruit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt coconut oil (virgin will give a coconut flavor, refined will not) and get you a piece of parchment paper for your backing dish.
- Mix all ingredients for shortbread in a bowl.
- Mixture will appear fluffy and almost flour like.
- Using your fingers and a utensil, press the shortbread crust into a 8x8 or a 9x9 baking dish for perfection in the thickness.
- Using your spoon or ladle, flatten the crust into the dish and spread it pretty thin.
- Bake 15 minutes. Take out and set aside to cool.
- Add topping of choice.