A fun recipe for turkey this fall. A delicious conversation piece. Eating as a “Ketonian”, I’m always looking for ways to cook with more fat and less carbs. Never cooked a turkey before? This one is fun, and simple.
- one 12-pound turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 pound thin sliced bacon
- 2 cups broth, (chicken or bone broth works best)
Preheat Oven to 500 degrees
- Wash the turkey with clean cool water, and rinse it again.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels or a clean cloth
- Place turkey in a roasting pan, breast up
- Melt butter in a microwave save bowl
- Add dry seasonings to the butter and stir into a paste
- Lift skin of the turkey and rub the paste underneath the skin. Stretch the skin and get it in there best you can.
- Add Keto friendly chicken broth or bone broth into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Cook the turkey for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and Reset oven temp to 350 degrees
- Take bacon slices and in a weaved pattern, place your slices to cover the turkey.
- Place turkey back into 350 oven and cook about 2 more hours or until poultry thermometer reaches 160 degrees.