Ooey gooey cheese and then some more please. This is a bit of a twist on an old favorite. Creamed cheese and spinach mixed with spices and stuffed in a moist piece of baked chicken. How could it get better. I just LOVE KETO!
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
• 10 oz frozen spinach – drained well – squeezed dry
• 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2/3 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/4 poultry seasoning
• 1/4 tsp Sherpa Pink Himalayan salt
Breading the Chicken
- 1/3 cup superfine Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Eggs
4 Tbsp Olive Oil for frying
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Combine the cream cheese, spinach, garlic, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, pepper, poultry seasoning, and salt in a medium bowl. Get your fingers into it and mix it well.
If the pieces are really large, you can cut them in half lengthwise and just use two of them for four good sized pieces.
- Place a breast in a plastic baggie or put between a folded piece of wax paper on a cutting board.
- Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet (starting on one edge and working around and then the center) until it’s about twice the size of when you started, being careful not to pound so thin that it rips the chicken meat.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of chicken.
- Spoon 1/4 of the filling mixture into the middle of breast and roll the edges up around it. Turn it over and squeeze with your hands until sealed and an oval shape. With small piece of string, tie chicken closed just to ensure you don’t lose the filling during cooking.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and repeat with the other 3 pieces of chicken.
- Chill the stuffed chicken for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl (you’ll be dipping chicken in this bowl soon)
- Combine the other dry breading ingredients in a different bowl and stir.
- Heat the olive oil in a good sized nonstick skillet. (This is important. If your oil isn’t hot when the chicken goes into it, the chicken will stick to the bottom and you’ll lose your crust).
- Dip the stuffed chicken into the egg first, then the breading mix and place carefully in HOT skillet and cook on medium-high until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer the browned chicken to a baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees (F).
Meat thermometers are wonderful things.
Serve with sugar free RAO Marinara or GG’s Homemade Alfredo sauce.
Place your specific ingredients into your tracker program for nutrition macros. This is a wonderful, low carb meal, but since the chicken breasts can be so large, weigh out your portion so you don’t overdo your protein.