These brownies are a sweet treat with just enough chocolate to tickle my taste buds without overpowering the brownies. Hope you love them too.
[playbuzz-item item=”cad00b08-0c63-47b8-ba1a-9243eb5fa741″ format=”story” wp-pb-id=”540510″]
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Set butter and coconut oil out and bring to room temperature. (you want it soft, not melted)
- 1/2 cup Butter, salted & softened
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/4 cup of Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips (about 60 chips or 14g)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk – Unsweetened
- ½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- parchment paper
Place parchment paper inside an 8 inch baking pan. (I put a little oil or spray in the bottom of the spring form pan just to make the parchment sit nicer.)
- In a large mixing bowl add softened butter and oil and Swerve.
- With hand mixer, blend these until well mixed and smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix each in completely.
- Then add the vanilla and coconut milk and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add coconut flour, baking powder and salt and mix together, get rid of any lumps.
- Next, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend until creamy.
- If the mixture is a bit too thick, add a little more coconut milk (Add only 1 tbsp at a time).
At this juncture, you may taste the mixture for desired sweetness. If you want more, you may add a few drops of stevia, or a teaspoon more Swerve to taste.
- Add flaked coconut and chocolate chips (if using) and stir in gently.
- Spoon into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden. (don’t overcook your brownies!)
- Allow to cool.
- Lift Parchment out of pan and peel off sides. Cut three rows into threes both ways giving you 9 servings!
If serving immediately, you may use heavy whipping cream and some sweetener to make a topping, eat with ice cream, sprinkle cinnamon on top or just eat plain… DELICIOUS!!
These are approx. 17g fat, 5g protein, and 1 net carb each. (Carbohydrates from the sweetener are sugar alcohols only, therefore since digestible, they are not included in these macros).