RICH HOT SOUP! Gotta love it. This is one of my husband’s favorite soups. Hearty and healthy. Cauliflower is used as the bulk in the soup, along with the veggies and sausage. You will want to make this one today.
[playbuzz-item item=”6bd10be4-eed0-4b8c-8e18-1258d36c3af5″ format=”flip-cards”]
- 1 pound mild or hot ground Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon sausage grease
- ½ cup finely diced onion or (about 1 small onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 large cauliflower head, diced into small florets
- 3 cups chopped kale
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Brown the ground sausage in a skillet over medium heat until done.
- Saute the onions in the sausage grease for 3-4 minutes or until barely translucent.
- Place sausage and onions into at the crock pot (at least a 6-quart slow cooker for space).
- Add broth/stock, cauliflower florets, kale, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. (If you like your Kale more on the crisp side, do not add until the last 1 or 2 hours.)
- When done, add the heavy cream and stir until combined.
- Serve hot.