Sometimes, nothing but a pancake will do. Keto pancakes are a little tricky to create without adding gluten to your recipe. These are better than most. You can take the ingredients and mix them up in a few minutes with your Ninja System, or using a mixer with slightly softened cream cheese. Take time to sit down and enjoy with your favorite topping. We like to use Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup and a few fresh blueberries and of course lots of BACON!
[playbuzz-item item=”93e99e07-893f-4041-be79-7a58919ccabb” format=”poll”]
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, swerve, maple syrup, and cinnamon with a blender or mixer.
- If you are making waffles, add melted butter to waffle batter if desired.
- Sift together the baking powder and coconut flour, to remove all lumps and then blend into egg mixture until well combined.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes, the coconut flour will cause the batter to thicken a bit. Add almond milk or Heavy whipping cream, just a bit at a time to thin it again.
- In a greased skillet over medium to low heat (I found it useful to start on a lower heat, because too high of heat will cause them to burn quickly), pour batter to form circles about 6 inches in diameter.
- In about 2 -3 minutes, the edges will begin to brown and little bubbles appear on top of the pancake. Then they POP.
- When most bubbles have popped and the edges are browned a little flip the pancake. (don’t press down on it like a burger, you want to keep it fluffy)
- Cook on the other side 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Use Waffle Iron and cook until desired brownness.