Tried and true Pizza Crust. This recipe can be used for cheese bread sticks, pizza, or even flat bread for roll ups. Easy to make and tasty to eat. Spice it us or make it plain, match your preference, and indulge.
- 6 oz shredded/grated cheese mozzarella
- 3 oz almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch salt to taste
- olive oil
- ½ tsp of some of these combined – garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, oregano or something different of your choosing.
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour in a microwaveable bowl.
- Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir with a stiff spatula wooden spoon. Yes the cheese is sticky and it is a bit difficult to mix.
- Microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds and continue to mix until it is all combined completely.
- Add the egg, salt, garlic mix gently but thoroughly.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a shape for your pan. The crust should be no more than 1/2 inch thick.
- If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Take the top layer of parchment off and slide the baking paper/parchment paper with dough onto a baking tray or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- If you want extra crispy crust, flip the pizza over onto your baking pan (or other parchment on baking pan) and remove parchment from top and cooked until just browned (5 min or so)
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add any toppings.
- Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese.
- Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
If Almond flour is not to your liking, you may substitute the almond flour with 4 tablespoons of coconut flour. Makes 6 slices @ approximately 11g protein, 16g fat and and 4g total carb each.