Fat bombs are a good way to bump up your fat with minimal protein. Avocados are the perfect food. Even though their nutrition shows 12 carbs for an entire avocado, ten of those carbs are fiber. Avocados are full of potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C and magnesium, therefore they are perfect food. This is the only food that I count net carbs. In fact avocados are free food for me. These fat bombs will give you a small amount of protein and a big bite of fat that is delicious.
[playbuzz-item item=”cad00b08-0c63-47b8-ba1a-9243eb5fa741″ format=”story”]
- 4 Bacon slices (about 4 oz cooked weight)
- 1 whole Avocado peeled and cut up (about 5 oz total weight)
- ¼ cup Kerry gold or quality butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper chopped up very fine (IF YOU WANT TO SPICE IT UP)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
To bake or not to bake, that is the question. Frying bacon is wonderful. Brings that aroma to the entire kitchen, and then you have to clean the grease from the stove. Frying bacon in a pan on the grill outside is less messy, but the weather becomes a factor. Then we discovered, baking bacon. Oh my!!! That’s what we chose to do. I purchased a baking sheet with a rack in it to do my bacon baking. It was easy to order on Amazon. It’s my special bacon baking pan. Has a nice sound to it doesn’t it.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a rimmed cookie sheet and put a wire rack on top of it for cooking your bacon. I prefer to line mine with foil or parchment but it’s only for convenience of an easier cleanup. We will be using some of the grease in the bottom of the pan, so it is your choice.
- Place bacon on the wire rack and cook until crisp. I use thick sliced bacon and it usually takes about 20 – 25 minutes at the above 400 temperature. If you are using thinner bacon, just watch to ensure you don’t burn it.
- After cooked and cooled, crumble or process thick bacon or crumble thinner bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, softened butter and creamed cheese.
- Mix until all three are combined, but don’t worry if there are chucks. Those will taste good!
- Add garlic powder and lemon juice and then salt and pepper to taste.
- When the mixture is well combined, and this will probably require you to use your hands to mix well.
- Taste and evaluate your seasonings.
- Now add onion and jalapeno pepper (optional) and stir in.
- Finally add some bacon grease drippings from your bacon pan, just enough to help your mixture become creamy, and ohhhh that bacon grease will add so much flavor and then stir some more.
- Now put in refrigerator for about an hour to cool and get firm.
- Using a large serving spoon or an ice cream scoop, divide your mixture into 9 balls and roll or dab them in your bacon crumbs.
NOTE: If you are making for a later dining experience, wait until ready to eat to roll in bacon to retain crunchiness. These babies will tote about 1 net carbs each with approx. 3g protein each. Put the recipe into your app to calculate your specific ingredients. Two of these fill me up and makes for a lovely low protein high fat meal.