I love mayo, but as you may already know, finding one in the store that is KETO friendly is very difficult. Soy oil is in almost all of them. So to remedy that, I learned to make my own. I really like this recipe, hope you do too. NOTE: Eggs and yolks must be warmed to room temperature or your mayo won’t emulsify. Set them out for 4-5 hours or overnight.
[playbuzz-item item=”3d93cb24-5b97-4272-bdf8-5a2206c6cceb” format=”video-snaps”]
- Get out your Immersion blender. Mine came with a 2 cup measuring container and it’s very helpful for recipes like this. Otherwise, put your ingredients into a cylinder type container, large quart jar or similar.
- Now, put your oils in first. Make sure your coconut oil has cooled completely, as you are adding eggs and we don’t want them to cook.
- Smash up 1/2 avocado with a fork into mush.
- Now add eggs, avocado and seasonings all to the oil.
- Place your blender down into the oil and center it on the bottom.
- Turn it on, but keep the blender at the bottom. No moving it around yet.
- As you blend, you will see that the emulsifying process has begun as it becomes a creamy color on the bottom of the jar.
- As you begin to get more and more of a white emulsified look at the bottom, begin to slowly move the blender up and down. Not to the top yet… just encompass a little more oil each time. This will take a few minutes, and the slower you go, the better the mayo mixes, so keep blending until the entire jar looks whipped and creamy.
- Now is the time to taste. Enough flavor to suit you? Add a drop more of Stevia if you desire, or a smidgen more salt & pepper.
- If not already in a glass container with lid, put it in one now and put on the lid. This will stay good in the refrigerator for about a month.