When my kids were young and life was moving fast, I always had a few dishes that I could prepare at any time. The ingredients were easy, and usually on hand, and best of all the entire family loved it. Well, here is my KETO go-to meal. This is so simple and so delicious. This serves about 8 people, but everyone wants seconds, so it goes fast.
This wok makes cooking all of my bulky vegetable dishes so easy, and Amazon has it on a special price.
- Have a frying pan large enough to hold about 8 cups of hamburger and cabbage and place on stove.
- 1 to 1/2 lbs high fat hamburger. A good rule of thumb is get the hamburger that is 73% lean and 27% fat.
- 2 tbsp dehydrated onion.
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp jalapeno juice or chili powder, optional
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or chopped cloves. If you prefer after the hamburger is finished cooking you may more garlic if you want.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos.
- 1 tsp Swerve as a sweetener to be added to suit your taste.
- 1/2 to 3/4 of a large head of cabbage cut into bite size pieces or strips.
- Cut up the cabbage in whatever size pieces you enjoy. I like mine in large bite sizes, I don’t want my cabbage to get too soft.
- Place the hamburger into the frying pan and turn up the heat to medium. I like to cook it a medium heat instead of hotter to keep the grease from spattering and to keep my bites of hamburger bigger.
- Add to the cooking meat, the onion, salt, garlic, and ginger, to mix the spices with the meat and fat.
- Continue cooking the meat until done. You will need a good bit of meat grease for your cabbage so no worries if there is a good bit of grease in the pan.
- Now add the cut cabbage to the pan of seasoned hamburger, and stir/toss gently. If more is needed you can add some coconut oil, or my favorite bacon grease. Add 1 tbsp at a time.
- Drizzle about 3 tbsp of the Coconut Aminos on top of the mixture. (original or teriyaki are my favorites.)
- Now is the time to add the jalapeno juice or chili powder if you desire.
- Continue stirring the meat and cabbage until the cabbage is cooked to your desired texture. I like mine a little crisp. Be careful it cooks up quick.
Serve warm and enjoy