Coconut is so versatile. Sweet bread is one of my favorite things for breakfast, along with a good protein source and LOTS of butter. This one is a favorite. Unsweetened coconut is used here with lime juice to made a wonderful sweet bread just making my mouth water.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted to liquid
- 7 eggs
- 6 ounces Full Fat unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove and set aside 3 tablespoons of shredded or flaked coconut.
- Sift together dry ingredients (coconut flakes, almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt, Swerve, baking powder, and lemon zest). This will eliminate any lumps from the flours or sweeteners.
- Set aside.
- Add butter, coconut oil, eggs, yogurt, lime juice, liquid sweetener and vanilla extract into a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients combination and process until uniform batter mixed well and formed into dough. It may be lumpy but not to worry.
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease a pan with olive or coconut oil or spray.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the 3 tablespoons of coconut that you set aside on top. Gently push the coconut into the bread top.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon granulated Swerve on top of the coconut.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 55 minutes or until top is browned and toothpick inserted comes out dry.