Is bread one of the items you miss most on KETO? This KETO bread will make your WOE a bit easier, because this one slices and stores in your freezer. You’ll always have a way to transport your butter or sandwich items. And it’s delicious to boot!
[playbuzz-item item=”9d376a56-f0b1-4d6d-bfc1-2230d5a14a7a” format=”story”]
- 1 1/2 Cup Super Fine Almond Flour
- 6 Large eggs Separated
- 4 tbsp Kerry Gold Butter
- 1 teas water
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Sea salt
If you are like me, the hardest part of baking is getting it out of the pan. I no longer have to fight that battle. My first one was a gift, and after that, I bought more sizes and shapes. These have changed my life in the kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and set them in separate bowls. The whites in a mixing bowl.
- Add Cream of Tartar to the egg whites and beat with a mixer until you have peaks when you lift the beaters.
- Sift flour, powder and salt together and remove as many lumps as you can.
- In a food processor combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, water, and dry ingredients mixture.
- Add 5 or 6 drops of liquid stevia to the batter.
- Pulse or mix until combined. Don’t be concerned that your dough be be thick and even lumpy. It will all work out when adding the eggs.
- Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and fold these into your mixture until well blended. Do not be concerned with getting out all the lumps. Over-mixing bread is not what we are after.!
- Pour mixture into an lightly oiled loaf pan, an 8×4 inch or smaller will give you a higher bread. I tried a 9×5 and although my slices looked like biscotti in size, the bread was still delish…. If not using silicone or springform, line your loaf pan with parchment paper and then butter or spray the parchment.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through.
1 loaf makes approx. 20 slices.