Dill Pickle Brine is great for relieving symptoms of Keto flu but have you ever marinated chicken in it? Marinating your chicken it will tenderize the chicken strips into a mouth watering treat. This one was loved by my entire extended family.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pork rinds/dust
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
PREPARING THE CHICKEN
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Place the pickle brine into a leak proof container. I used a one gallon size zip lock baggies.
- Add the chicken to the brine, seal the container and let sit in the fridge over night.
COOKING THE CHICKEN
- Place pork rinds in a blender or processor and pulse. I found this blender works quite well.
- Put the rinds, along with the finely grated Parmesan Cheese and spices into a bowl and mix together.
- In a second bowl take the two eggs and whisk together.
- Remove chicken strips out of the marinade and pat dry with paper towels or cloth.
- Place your favorite oil (I used coconut oil) about 1/2 inch deep in a large skillet and heat to medium heat. This is important, if your oil isn’t hot enough when you add the chicken, the pieces will stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg wash, then into the dry mixture, when coated place into the frying pan.
- Cook each side until you have nice brown crunchy looking strip. About 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and place on paper towels to help absorb any extra grease.
Serve with Keto friendly dipping sauce of your choice. I like guacamole, sour cream or a sugar free barbecue sauce of your choosing.