Tuna Melts have always been a favorite of mine. Salmon Melts have risen in stature in recent months. This recipe takes the traditional “Melt” recipe and with a few tweaks, it’s KETO. It’s quick and easy and very filling. Enjoy.
[playbuzz-item item=”cad00b08-0c63-47b8-ba1a-9243eb5fa741″ format=”story”]
- 1 cup GG’s Homemade Mayonnaise or other Keto Mayo (Primal Avocado Mayo is good) or full fat Sour cream
- 4 celery stalks chopped fine
- ½ cup dill pickles or pickled okra, chopped fine
- 8 oz. canned salmon or tuna in oil (your preference)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Optional breads to add to this salad. I like Fox Kitchens Bagels or rolls. Oops It’s Bread is another option.
If you haven’t purchased any bread from Fox Kitchens yet, I whole heartedly recommend it. But if you’d rather make an easy bread to use for this recipe, you can use one called Oops It’s Bread. This is an egg and cream cheese based bread that is easy to make. You’ll find that recipe here.
Good Resource for you and one of the best “Go To” books on my shelves, Keto Clarity. Leading health blogger Jimmy Moore and researcher and internist Dr. Eric C. Westman join forces again to explain the powerful therapeutic effects of a ketogenic diet—one that combines a customized carbohydrate restriction, moderation of protein intake, and real food-based fats—which is emerging in the scientific literature as a means for improving a wide range of diseases, from Type 2 diabetes to Alzheimer’s and more. Simply eating a low-carb diet alone isn’t enough, and Moore and Westman tell you why.
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
- Mix up the salmon with celery and mayo. Stir it well
- Add the garlic, onion powder, lemon juice and pickles.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a Fox Kitchen’s Bagel, I placed a 1/2 bagel onto some parchment paper.
- Spread the salmon mixture onto the bread and generously sprinkled shredded cheese on top
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on top of cheese. (if you want a bit of spice, you can use chili powder or cayenne pepper)
- Bake in the oven until the cheese has started to turn brown. About 15 minutes.
- Place on a bed of greens to serve or serve beside a green salad with your favorite Keto dressing.