Marinara Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese. What could go wrong? This Saucy Stuffed Chicken recipe will bring smiles to the faces at your table. Brightly colored and gooey with cheese chicken dinner will make your Tuesday evening feel like Sunday dinner.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar free Italian seasoning
- 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced (these will be half circles to use for stuffing)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cap mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella and pepper jack cheese
- 1 c. sugar free marina sauce (I like RAO’s)
- 2 Tbls black olives sliced
Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place parchment paper in a baking dish. Placing a tiny amount of oil under the parchment keeps it in place.
- Cut veggies into rounds, (the zucchini I cut into half rounds)
- Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast
- Be careful not to cut through the meat completely.
- Lightly sprinkle the oil over chicken and season generously with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Into each slot you cut on the chicken breast, alternate your veggies. Stick a slice of something into each slot. I stick an olive with something ever other slot just for flavor.
- Now that your chicken has been “stuffed”
- Place all four breasts on the parchment paper.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of RAO’s sugar free marina sauce over each breast.
- Generously sprinkle mozzarella and pepper jack shredded cheese on top of all 4 breasts.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through which is 165 degrees with meat thermometer, approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with a lovely salad. Voila, dinner is done.