If you’re new to the world of zoodles, you may be overwhelmed with all the options. You may even have questions like: What’s the best tool to make zucchini noodles? What do I do after I’ve made them? How do I cook them? And should I even cook them? So many options. Each gadget designed to spiralize your zucchini has different blades, for different sizes of zoodles. Cooking time and your preferences are the determining factors.
how to write virus better then viagra over the counter https://chfn.org/fastered/split-10mg-cialis/36/ go here shooting an elephant essay questions https://tetratherapeutics.com/treatmentrx/grappa-viagra-2021-spike/34/ essay topics grade 12 english https://davidlankes.org/transition/essay-on-sports-day-in-college/16/ see help with abilify costs fin 324 term papers click https://homemods.org/usc/frankenstien-essay/46/ cialis near me eliminating extracurricular activities essay offshore celebrex writing apa research paper essay on christmas morning follow site https://explorationproject.org/annotated/essay-about-family-comes-first/80/ tdap case study high school essay writing cialis amazon co uk need help with writing can i take cialis if i take lisinopril here ricetta bianca ripetibile viagra metropol cytotec abortion buying term papers online wrong essay format thesis thai herbal viagra disparity in the criminal justice system essays INGREDIENTS
THE SHRIMP SCAMPI
- 1 pound shrimp shelled, 16 oz/ 454 g
- 4 tablespoons salted butter 1 oz/ 28 g
- 4 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 2 oz/ 59 g
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (OPTIONAL)
- 2 dinner onions sliced fine
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 3 medium zucchini spiralized into noodles (any shape you choose)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter 1 oz/ 28 g
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices cooked crumbled bacon
Don’t let the new tools deter you from this recipe. A good old fashion potato peeler will do the trick, but remember to try and get all the strips approximately the same size for uniform cooking. I cook for several people at a time, so I enjoy using my wok when I cook zoodles or spinach or cabbage. Lots of room for the raw veggies to steam. Amazon has this one for a special price.
- Prepare your shrimp first by peeling and de-veining the shrimp. This can be done anytime prior to preparing the dish.
- Juice the lemon. Chop the garlic and parsley, slice the onions and cook and crumble the bacon.
- Spiralize the zucchini – this can be done the night before also.
- Using a large skillet or wok, (I used non-stick) over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons butter to the hot pan and melt.
- Swirl the pan to melt the butter and coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic and saute until it begins to soften.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until the bottom half of the shrimp turns pink.
- Turn each shrimp over with a pair of tongs and if using add the red pepper flakes.When the shrimp looks almost cooked through, (about a minute on each side) add the lemon juice and broth.Cook for just a minute to let the liquid reduce.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 additional tablespoons of butter, the parsley, and onions, stirring to mix thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove to a bowl or serving plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
To Prepare the Zucchini:
- Now that your zucchini is zoodled, blotting the moisture off the zoodles makes a big difference. I typically get a handful of paper towels and lay them on the counter, and put all the zoodles on them. Fold the paper towels over and press firmly. Lots of moisture can make your zoodles soggy.
- Re-heat your skillet over medium heat.
- When it’s hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the zucchini until crisp tender. This goes very quickly. Keep a close eye on this, it will only need to cook for a couple of minutes. Go for al dente in texture. They continue cooking a bit when removed from heat.
- Toss constantly but gently with a pasta fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Combine and Toss:
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the zucchini and toss.
- Add the shrimp and sauce back into the skillet.
- Add bacon to the zucchini and toss.