One of my all time favorite desserts is Tiramisu. I was intimidated to say the least in making this KETO, however, it worked and is worth the effort for a special occasion dessert. Light, tasty, and a feast for the eyes. If you like the flavors of coffee, and rum and sweetness, then this is a recipe for you.
- 1/2 cup Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Rumford’s Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol Confectioners or Swerve Confectioners
- 1/8 teaspoon Stevia liquid drops
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar free Vanilla Bean Powder (Be careful when shopping for this, most have added sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar free Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar free Almond Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoon Erythritol Confectioners or Confectioners Swerve
- 1-2 drops SweetLeaf Liquid Vanilla Stevia
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese (VERY IMPORTANT-set out to room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup strong decaf coffee
- 1 ½ Tablespoons rum extract (you can use Rum, if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch spring form pan with butter (just to make the paper stick). Line with parchment paper and grease with butter again.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separate the eggs. With an electric mixer, in a separate bowl, beat the yolks and Swerve until thick.
- Beat in the vanilla powder and extract, almond extract and cream of tartar. Fold in the super fine almond flour.
- Put all three egg whites into a clean bowl and with mixer, beat the egg whites to firm peaks. Stir approximately 1/4 of the eggs whites into the almond mixture. Fold in about 1/2 of the remaining whites until barely combined and then all the remaining whites until thoroughly combined.
- Spread evenly into the spring form pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top springs back when pressed lightly. Set aside and cool.
- In small mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, sweetener and stevia until thick.
- Place mixture in top of a double boiler over boiling water. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 8-10 minutes, constantly whisking as you cook to prevent lumps.
- Remove from heat.
- Add softened Mascarpone cheese, and beat well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture; set aside.
Bringing it all together.
- Take the lady finger cake out of the spring form and cut into about 16 small pieces. Peel off of the parchment paper.
- In a bread pan or small pan, sift cocoa lightly and evenly into the bottom of the pan and then lay pieces of the lady finger into the bottom on top of the cocoa. You can use serving cups also, arranging the pieces in the same way to get 8 servings at approx. 5 carbs each.
- Take the coffee and rum extract and a few drops of liquid stevia and mix together in a little cup.
- Using a pastry brush, carefully coat the lady finger cake with the coffee mixture, but brush lightly, you don’t want the cake wet or soggy.
- Now spoon in about ½ of the Mascarpone creamed cheese mixture and spread evenly (if you are using a pan, spread it out if using individual serving dishes)
- Again, sift the cocoa lightly to cover the creamed cheese mixture.
- Repeat the above steps to make two complete layers. Finish it off with a final sifting of cocoa.
- Cover your pan with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Makes 8 servings.
Calculate your macros with your ingredient choices. Different brand names have different carb values. This one is about 5 carbs a serving.