Pork belly is a boneless cut of fatty meat from the belly of a pig. This dish is considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. Now I know why. Delicious does not do this meat justice. Tender, moist and high fat. Better than pork roast or pork steak. No need to be intimidated, just add salt and pepper. LOVE THIS.
[playbuzz-item item=”cad00b08-0c63-47b8-ba1a-9243eb5fa741″ format=”story”]
- PORK Belly roast
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Thaw pork belly completely in refrigerator
- Place pork belly in baking pan with foil in the bottom.
- Rub Salt and pepper all over the roast. (unroll it and get the insides covered too)
- Roll it back up and wrap the foil all around it and seal the foil.
- Place in oven to bake for about 3 hours.
- When done, you may take roast and put in refrigerator to cool for a bit or you can leave it overnight.
- Take pork belly roast out of the foil and scrape the gel and fat and put in your skillet.
- Cut entire roast into cubes (bite sized)
- Dump them all into a skillet and salt and pepper a little more to your taste.
- Bring heat up to medium low and begin to saute’ the pork belly in it’s rendered fat.
- Turn meat occasionally. Browning the cubes crisping up the meat just a bit.
- When thoroughly warmed and browned, it is ready to serve.
- Use as a meat dish, as a protein on top of a salad, as sandwich meat or mix with your favorite Keto sides.