PUDDING…. pudding in the morning, pudding in the evening, pudding at suppertime. Just saying, I could eat pudding anytime. This one is KETO friendly. You can dress it up with coconut or chocolate chips or flavoring of your choice. Add heavy whipping cream w a bit of your favorite sweetener for a whipping cream topping. YUM.
[playbuzz-item item=”cad00b08-0c63-47b8-ba1a-9243eb5fa741″ format=”story”]
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioners(or other keto sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum thickening agent
- 2 large whole eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 teaspoonSweetleaf Clear Liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (I use Great Lakes or Knox)
- 2 tablespoons of softened Kerry Gold Butter.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
Mixing your gelatin.
Place a large strainer or colander over a bowl by the stove to filter the sauce after heating the mixture. Prepare your gelatin. In a tiny container, sprinkle your gelatin over 1 tablespoon of water, mix well and let sit.
- Place the cream and almond milk in a medium sauce pan and turn on the heat to medium – low and bring to a simmer stirring occasionally. (don’t allow to boil)
- Next, add Swerve, xanthan gum. vanilla powder and salt in medium heat-proof mixing bowl and mix together with a small whisk to eliminate any lumps.
- Add the two whole eggs and 3 large egg yolks to the dry ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- When the cream simmers, turn-off the heat and while continuing to whisk the eggs, slowly pour all of the cream into the mixing bowl with the egg mixture.
- Put the entire mixture back into saucepan, using a spatula to get every last drop, and then turn the heat again to medium-low and begin whisking the cream pudding mixture. After a couple of minutes, it will start to thicken slightly. Whisk a little faster. In another minute or so it will begin to look thicker. Cook for 1 more minute, whisking briskly. DON’T LET THE MIXTURE BOIL, it will scramble the eggs.
- Remove the pot from heat, and continue whisking for another minute. Now add and whisk in the remaining ingredients, vanilla, stevia (to taste), butter and the gelatin mixture.
- Then, press the pastry cream through the strainer, catching any large pieces.
- Spoon mixture into serving dishes approximately 4 servings. (1/2 cup each)
- For cooling, cover the dishes with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
Enjoy with your favorite whipped fluff on top or just plain….. Delish!