A throw together meal that tastes like a fancy dinner. Shrimp and greens made quick and easy for any time of the day or night. Protein and fat joined together for a delicious meal that will seem like it flies onto your plate. It’s just that quick and easy.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 10 oz bag of frozen spinach or broccoli
- 10 oz bag of frozen cooked shrimp (I like the ones with the tails off)
- 1 cups grated mozzarella cheese (pepper jack also works well if you like a spicy kick)
- 1 tablespoon of Kerrygold butter
- In a 2 qt sauce pan, add a couple of cups of water.
- If you bought shrimp that still have the shells on the tails, take the time to pull them off now. It’s so much easier eating these without messing with the tails later.
- Put frozen spinach and frozen shrimp into the water and bring it to a boil. (broccoli works equally well)
- Stir occasionally to ensure the frozen pieces are all broken up and getting hot.
- When boiling hard and all pieces are thawed and hot, pour out into a colander and drain completely.
- Shake that colander to ensure as much water out as you can get.
- Dump into a heat friendly dish and cover with cheese.
- Place under broiler for about 5 minutes to melt and brown cheese a bit. (I used my toaster oven for this.)
- Dollop with a pat of butter just before serving.
This makes my mouth water just typing it.