If you thought that caramel sauce wasn’t KETO friendly, think again. You will be pleasantly surprised to know that making KETO caramel sauce is just about the same as traditional caramel sauce. Browning the butter first brings out the caramel flavor, adding the sweetener to this just helps it along. Thick, sweet and delicious. You can add this to so many things. I’m thinking ice cream!!
- Sauté butter until golden brown in a saucepan, be careful not to burn
- Add salt and confectioners Swerve and stir until dissolved.
- Add cream and keep mixing so it doesn’t separate (Add a little extra creamer if it becomes too thick)
- Taste, Want extra salt? Now is the time.
- Remove from heat and add extract. We add the vanilla after removing from the heat to get the best strength of the extract flavor.
- Stir to mix and cool before storing.
This can be refrigerated and ready to add that sweet taste to your favorite dessert.