My son loves to fish, and I love fresh fish. Trout is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids that we all need more of. This is one of the healthiest fish you can eat. We baked this one with spices and lemons, to perfection. A quick preparation time, a delicious outcome.
- 2 Fresh rainbow trout – cleaned and gutted. (I like the heads off but your choice)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- tin foil
- Lay foil in baking dish.
- Lay Trout in the foil in the baking dish
- Combine all dry seasonings in a little bowl or ramakin
- Open cavity and sprinkle about 1/3 of the dry seasonings inside. Rub them in.
- Rub oil over both sides of the trout.
- Rub dry ingredients over both sides of trout.
- Open cavity and stuff with onion and lemon slices. I usually put two slices of lemon to a fish.
- place foil on top of the fish and close it up.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes (depends on the size of the trout)
- Don’t overcook it, the meat should be flaky, but not dry.
- Serve with KETO friendly homemade mayo or lemon juice, or a dipping sauce of your choosing.