Earthy seeds and crackers are a pair made in heaven. This recipe uses hulled hemp seeds and Everything bagel seasoning. These crackers were a hit at my house, make a double batch to last a little longer.
- 1 cup mozzerella cheese
- 1 cup Bel Gioioso Shaved Salad Blend (parmasan, asiago and romano) (or another cheese of your choice)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1 egg
PREHEAT OVEN TO 450
- Put cheeses and cream cheese in microwave bowl and microwave it for about a minute.
- With wooden spoon or spatula mix well. Work it together. If it isn’t quite melted, or if it gets too stiff, microwave for another 20 seconds and continue.
- When well mixed, add hemp seeds, and flour and mix some more. Now add your egg.
- You may need to get your hands into it at this point. The cheeses should be a little bit cooled now, (don’t want to cook the egg) and the almond flour needs to work into the dough. Using your hands squeeze the dough to mix the egg. Sort of like playdoh. Continue squeezing the dough and the egg should completely mix into the ingredients.
- When completely mixed together, the dough will be sticky, rather like a wet biscuit dough.
- Plop the dough out onto a cookie sheet sized piece of parchment.
- You can lay another piece on top and use a rolling pin, or just use your fingers and shape the dough into a thin rectangle. It should pretty much cover a large cookie sheet when done. You want it about 1/8 inch thick.
- If you used the second parchment, carefully peel back the top layer now.
- Sprinkle dough heavily with Everything Bagel seasoning. Lightly press the seeds into the dough.
- With pizza cutter, cut rows into the dough (being careful not to cut the parchment too much)
- Once crackers are all cut out, Bake for 7-9 minutes and now remove pan from over and grabbing the corners of the parchment paper, carefully flip the parchment and the chips onto your cookie sheet.
- Now peel the old parchment off and toss.
Optional: Sprinkle lightly with Everything bagel seasoning on new cracker side and lightly press into dough.
- Bake new side of the cracker for 5-7 additional minutes or until golden brown. Watch them closely, and don’t burn them.
NOTE: The edges may brown up quicker as they probably rolled out thinner. Just brush them off the baking pan before they burn and then continue to cook the others.
Remove from oven and break apart any that stuck together. YUMMMMMM!